Friday, June 30, 2006
Patience Pays Off
Yeah, I would say it's true. My husband and I just came back from the Social Security office and Drivers License Office. We thought we wouldn't be done by today but we did! Actually, by 10:30am we were done with everything. BTW, I just needed to change my last name coz when my greencard arrived, my name was changed there. So everything else has to follow with that new name. I was told we got to change my SS and DL so there will be no problems with taxes next year. So we did them today, coz both of us are off.

It was a good experience, we woke up very early and went to the Social Security Office first. We are number 9!!! Everything was fast, too! Except for the fact that I forgot he original copy of my marriage certificate. Oh boy!!! I thought the lady was going to send us home wiithout approving anything. I got lucky because she was so nice but she gave me a lecturing though, which was not a bad bargain.

When we were done, outside the parking lot, my husband did some lecturing, too, as well as me lecturing myself. I should have known better. These offices don't care about us. They just want to follow the rules and policies and if you take a chance of not bringing everything for the appointment, then, you have to go home. Empty-handed.

The next stop was the Driver's License Office. I got lucky too because when I came in, there wasn't too many people. Just a few. I was 7 numbers away from what they are servicing. But, then again, they didn't take credit or debit cards. So, I have to call my husband again and tell him he needs to bring me the check. Oh my God! I really thought I'm gonna run out of luck. But no, I got lucky again...my husband arrived just on time. And, he wasn't mad. That was a big luck there!!!

All these entire experience, we were very patient with system and the idiot people who were there as well, waiting. You know when you're in this type of place you just want to scream at everybody. But there was none of that with me or my husband. So that really paid off and now, I am just waiting for my SSN card and new Drivers License. I am so lucky!!!
posted by isay at 10:00 AM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
*My SanityRium*
Name: isay
Home: Somewhere, Fl, United States
About Me: Trying to get online therapy for my deepest thoughts and emotions on certain issues that affect my life, as well as the society. But generally, yeah, I am a good and a beautiful person, hehehe...
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogroll Me!

Add to Technorati Favorites
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie

Visitors