Tuesday, August 15, 2006
What some teachers do that is disgusting
Do you have kids who go to school?

If you do, keep an open eye on their activities, especially if it involves buying gifts for teachers for their birthdays, anniversaries, etc... It is just not right for some of them to accept your kids' well thought-of gifts to be returned for a money refund.

I work in a customer service desk, doing returns and anything you can think of just to satisfy customers. I met so many jerks and handled the worst of a kind, but nothing disgusts me more than a teacher returning items, like cards with her name on it, teddy bears, with her name on it, and so on, with her name on it. And worse, she was so happy to tell me, too, that she doesn't have any use of them so she's just gonna get money for them. When we don't give cash back, they create a scene so bad you want to strangle them. I was so shocked that a person can do such a thing, without emotions showing that they even liked those gifts.

Doesn't that disgust you, too? I discussed it with my husband and he reasoned out that it is a result of low wages for them teachers. I said, then get out of that job! Get another one that will satisfy you! As a teacher, I am sure you'll get another job that pays well! Just don't use kids like that.

Poor kids. The only thing that I regret the most was that I wasn't able to get her name and the school where she teaches. My co-worker told me that when I was off, she came back and returned some more items. She failed to get the name, too.

The only reason I write about this is that it really disturbs me. I am not generalizing. I know a lot of teachers who are very dedicated, as well.
posted by isay at 2:05 AM -
2 Comments:
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Arnold said…

    I understand your feelings but can see the other side, too. Have you ever received a gift that was thoughtfully chosen but completely inappropriate or unwanted? I have.

    A gift is a GIFT. It's not supposed to have strings attached. If it was the wrong size or color, you wouldn't have a problem with the teacher exchanging it. They just take it one step further, claim it's the wrong THING, get cash and use the cash for something they can really use.

    This is the reason my wife and I almost always give cash for wedding gifts now. It's never the wrong color or size and saves the newlyweds a trip to the store to exchange or any guilt in doing so.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger isay said…

    Yes, I do respect your feelings, too, Arnold. But if you are a real good teacher, dedicated to your work and to the children, I don't think you'll do it twice. And if your students are just merely kids, you should set an example of valuing things given by somebody. Kids look up to teachers. In this world today, we don't need materialistic brats. Materialistic teachers are the last things we need.

     
Post a Comment
*My SanityRium*
Name: isay
Home: Somewhere, Fl, United States
About Me: Trying to get online therapy for my deepest thoughts and emotions on certain issues that affect my life, as well as the society. But generally, yeah, I am a good and a beautiful person, hehehe...
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogroll Me!

Add to Technorati Favorites
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie

Visitors