Wednesday, July 12, 2006
5 Ridiculous Places You Can't Smoke
I was reading The Reader's Digest this morning and came across a topic on smoking. It features the ridiculous places you can not smoke.

I don't actually smoke but it is kind of interesting to know that there are places implement punishments to those who do. I thought it only happens in my hometown Davao City, Philippines, wherein you can't smoke publicly. Or risk arrest, fine or probably prison. The mayor there figured if you want to kill yourself by smoking, do not involve others (second-degree smoking). You can smoke in your house, though. Which is actually cool, for me.

Anyways, here it is. The 5 Ridiculous Places You Can't Smoke.

  1. State prison, Maine. A cigarette fetches $10 on the black market.
  2. Your yard, Montgomery County, Md. If smoke wafts onto your neighbor's property, you face a $750 fine.
  3. Bars, Eugene, Ore. Following California's lead, this city proclaimed "last call" for all who thought a drink and smoke went hand and hand.
  4. Bowling alleys, Putnam County, NY. The ban affects exactly one establishment.
  5. Your co-op, 180 West End Ave., NYC. If new owners light up, the board will bott 'em.

So there it is! Be sure to know where you are before lighting your cigs!!!

Source: Reader's Digest; Aug 2002; page 30

posted by isay at 6:50 AM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
*My SanityRium*
Name: isay
Home: Somewhere, Fl, United States
About Me: Trying to get online therapy for my deepest thoughts and emotions on certain issues that affect my life, as well as the society. But generally, yeah, I am a good and a beautiful person, hehehe...
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogroll Me!

Add to Technorati Favorites
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie

Visitors