Sunday, August 27, 2006
Bullying at work
I am a victim! Well, I think I am, anyway. I just haven't experienced bullying when I was in school so I won't know what it feels like. But, now that I really read and thought about it, I think I am a victim of bullies.

No offense, but my co-workers, the black ones, seem to embarrass me in front of customers. They tell me to do this and that, sometimes hit me, not really hit hard, but enough to make me think of their actions. And, it happens a lot, too. The thing that I really hate is that when they tell me what to do. I just hate it. Also, when I clean up, they are always in my ass telling me to stop what I was doing and help them instead.

One time, I asked one of them why they're doing it to me and she said they like me. I said, if you like me, are you supposed to hit me? She said to grow up.

As I said, no offense, but these co-workers who are doing this to me are black people. I am in no way a racist but nobody at work treats me like they do. They say they are just joking with but I don't feel that way. I even have an older lady that they call grandma all the time, in front of other people. Which is very wrong.

I know I am a nice person. That's why I have a lot of friends. I figured they're probably jealous of me because of that. I don't want them to get fired by telling our managers about what's going on because I know they depend on their checks. So, what I have been doing is just ignore them as much as possible and constantly telling them in the face that I don't appreciate them "joking with me". So far, it works.
posted by isay at 3:32 AM -
1 Comments:
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger [insert name here] said…

    occasionally, i will talk to black ppl (i am 1/4, so yeah....i gotta learn to interact with my own, no?) and yes, i can assure you that they are joking.thats how they are.if they didnt like you, they would let you know- by rolling their eyes everytime they see you, or making fun of you TO YOUR FACE(happens to me all the time.)blacks are a very perplexing nationality.let it slide, or just joke back, when they think you have 'loosened up', they will calm down some.

     
Post a Comment
*My SanityRium*
Name: isay
Home: Somewhere, Fl, United States
About Me: Trying to get online therapy for my deepest thoughts and emotions on certain issues that affect my life, as well as the society. But generally, yeah, I am a good and a beautiful person, hehehe...
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Blogroll Me!

Add to Technorati Favorites
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie

Visitors